Thursday, January 24, 2008
Elrio van Heerden saved the day for Bafana, South Africa
Unasuming, coming on as a sub, he saved the day for us, as we were heading for another defeat on the soccerfield. Elrio van Heerden, hailing from the Eastern Cape, made Bafana's fans smile as he netted an impressive long range shot of 25m, late in the second half. The game against Angola, was to set the pace for our Afcon campaign, but also World cup 2010. The hope is that talent like van Heerden be given the chance to show their mettle, hopefully helping Bafana to survive the group of death (Group D), possibly bringing the cup home. This is a long shot, of course, but why can't we dream ? Go boys !
- Kwame Anthony Appiah on Identity, politics and the...
- Deshun Deysel's latest achievement
- Prof Nico Botha speaks on hope
- Elrio van Heerden saved the day for Bafana, South ...
- Celebrating one year !
- Brian Habana gelok na Frankryk met miljoene
- De Villiers kry werk in konteks van ras-diskrimin...
- Robert Pierce is at it again...
- People in Delft still waiting for court on housing...
- Tim Williams acting topcop, need to act now
- black or coloured ?
- Reactions to the appointment of De Villiers, no su...
- Another Bennie McCarthy...?
- Facebook Coloured groups exploding, why ?
- Congrats to Pieter De Villiers, new Bok coach
- Steven Pienaar, not another Bennie McCarthy ?
- Springbok coach to be announced.
- 'Klopse' -carnival in the Cape- 2 January..
- On Gibbs, Norman Arendse and Mickey Arthur
- the old and the new
- ▼ Jan 2008 (20)